Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Levels of development

People learn at different levels. Some take a while to digest information, put into their own words or feelings before applying the information. Others adjust 'on the fly' and often times overdue their corrections.
As an instructor, it's important that I pay close attention to the individual learning needs of each student. When students learn at a slower pace I'm careful to encourage and re-confirm that they are on the correct path. I can be very patient when students learn at a slower rate. But the student must also be patient as well.
When a student moves quickly with their improvement I must be careful to not give too much I formation too fast. Otherwise they might be on information overload.
Some golfers need to exaggerate more, some have to be careful that they don't over exaggerate too much.
Understanding how you learn is important. Which way it is doesn't matter. Just be patient and stay the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment