Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Teaching Junior Golfers



 I always get asked when is it a good time to start kids playing golf.  My answer is always the same, when they show interest.  Kids learn much quicker than adults.  They follow the program of show me and I'll copy you.  However, there are some very important basics they must learn.  I make it a point to always make sure they have a good grip and stance.  When they swing I want the club swinging up over their right shoulder in the backswing and then over the left shoulder in the through swing.  Balance is very key as well. 
Below is a link to my latest article in the September issue of Avid Golfer.  It goes more in depth about what's necessary to getting juniors started.  BTW, the model in the pictures is my 9 year old son Carson.  Can you tell he's a Rickie Fowler fan. 

Teaching Juniors

No comments:

Post a Comment