Saturday, November 5, 2011

Belly Putter Experiment

The belly putter has really made alot of noise over this past year.  As an instructor, I felt compelled to get one and practice with it so I could speak from experience to my students and members.  I ordered a 44 inch, I'm 6'3", Scotty Cameron Kombi and received it yesterday.
Over the past few weeks I spoke to Champions Tour member Tommy Armour and Nationwide graduate Danny Lee, both advocates, about the use of the belly putter.  Both have had very good success with it.  Danny put it in his bag the Tuesday of the Nationwide Midland, Tx event and went on to win later in the week.  They provided great insight on what feelings they have that have made the belly putter successful for them.
A few days ago I came across a short instructional video on www.eyelinegolf.com that really explains how the belly putter can be successful.  After watching the video, I hit the putting green for about 45 minutes and was amazed how good the roll was on the ball.  As well, I found it very easy to line up the putt and get it started on the correct line.  The jury is still out, but it's certainly a promising start.  I'll keep you updated on my experiment.

Belly Putter Instructional Video

No comments:

Post a Comment