Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Titleist Tour Van

I went through a fantastic presentation this morning with a new service Titleist is offering.  They have 2-3 Titleist Tour Fitting Vans that travel the country doing Tour quality fittings for drivers, fairway woods/hybrids, irons and wedges.  One of my longtime good friends Glen Mahler has one of the vans.  He conducted the presentation at Bent Tree Country Club this morning and took one of Dallas' best amateur golfers, Rob Addington through a driver and iron fitting.
Glen and I used to teach together at the Hank Haney Golf Ranch years back.  He was a very good teacher but has really found his calling in doing premium fittings for Titleist.  His knowledge, diagnosis and implementation was very impressive.
Once the fitting is concluded the clubs are built on site and ready to take home in a short period of time.  His two assistants have Tour experience and are the ones involved building the clubs.  Needless to say, I took away some information for my teaching and clubfitting skills.
I'll look to organizing a few days this summer where Glen can bring his van in to work his magic.

1 comment:

  1. Tim, I missed you today. I was the esteemedhack that our buddy Glen got to deal with in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete