Monday, January 3, 2011

Short Game Case Study

Was working with a long time student late last week on his short game. He had a tendency to hit too much with his hands and not use enough of his body to turn through. As a result he would hit a fair number of shots fat.
I got out my new teaching aid I'm endorsing called the Tempo Teacher and used it to help minimize the hand action and maximize the body motion. After just a few shots he started hitting crisp wedges with nice backspin.
The Tempo Teacher guides you through the downswing and into impact with your lower body leading the way. Once I took the device off, the feeling still remained for my student.
I'm not a big user of teaching aids but the TempoTeacher really has helped me get students to synch up their hands, arms, club and body. Check out www.tempoteacher.com for more information and a series of videos on it's usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment