Sunday, March 27, 2011

Feeling the Swing

One of the key components in my teaching is the ability to give students the exact feel they need to make a better swing.  I have a very 'hands on' approach to giving them this feel.  I'll move the student through a certain area of the swing so that they can better grasp how the movement should feel.  I may do this a number of times to help ingrain the feeling. 
This also benefits me as well.  By moving the student I can get a sense of how ingrained the mistake is.  This will help me in my approach to the lesson.  I might have to move the student more if I really feel the mistake ingrained.  If I can't give them the correct feeling through my guidance, there's no chance they'll be able to do it by themselves.
Feel is of huge importance in replicating swings for all shots.  When I can transfer the feeling to the student, a big impact is made with their improvement. 
This videos gives a small demonstration as to my 'hands on' approach.

Video of my 'hands on' approach

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog and video. Really important for every Golf Pro there is.

    ReplyDelete