Saturday, February 13, 2010

Back in Business

After 13 inches of snow over the last two days I was able to get back to teaching today.  Although not the greatest conditions, I was able to teach from under our covered hitting bay.  With the ground still covered in snow and the temperature hovering around freezing I spent the morning helping Bryce Brown.   Bryce is a very good junior golfer in town from Lincoln, Nebraska to work on his game.  He's been somewhat limited in his practice due to the poor weather in the midwest this winter.   Bryce has only been playing golf for 3 years but has drawn the interest from a number of Division 1 colleges to play golf for them next year. 
One of the challenges in teaching Bryce is that he's left handed.  I teach a fair amount of lefties through the course of the year but my number 1 goal anytime I do teach a left handed player is I don't want to confuse my 'left's and right's' when I'm describing the swing to Bryce.  Thankfully I met my goal and he improved throughout the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment