Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Vacation makes an Unexpected Stop

My recent travels have taken me to Valparaiso, Indiana for the holidays. I took some time out of my Christmas vacation to help two of my college players Kyle and Ryan Grassel. Kyle is transferring to the Colorado School of Minds, a Division 2 school outside of Boulder. Ryan is a Freshman at Sonoma St in Northern California. We went to a nice 9 hole facility with some covered hitting called Creekside. The kids were able to hit but it was 28 degrees with 6 inches of snow on the ground.
Both are very dedicated to their games. Their younger sister Kelly is currently playing in the Doral Publix Jr event in south Florida. She was the Indiana Jr player of the year for 2010. I'll get a chance to help her on Monday when she returns.
I see the family 3-4 times a year and have done so for about 10 years. It's great to see their progress and fun to work with such skilled athletes. Ryan asked me this morning what student's the most fun to work with. I said the ones that listen. And he responded why wouldn't you listen? Love it. Here's hoping all students are better listeners to their instructors in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment